Because of ever-changing regulations and continual reforms in the European markets, even the most successful multinationals can be blindsided by local tax implications when launching new operations or changing the business structure in existing markets. Repercussions can paralyze your local operation and diminish your profit margin across all of your operations.
Only Practical European Tax Strategies helps you anticipate tax and regulatory changes in the European marketplace and plan a proactive strategy to minimize your local tax burden. As a subscriber, you'll gain access to an unrivaled network of peers at major corporations, law and accounting firms, people like you who are solving complex regional tax and regulatory problems every day. You'll discover strategies, innovative solutions, and best practices you won't find elsewhere, designed to help you best maximize ROI for your operations.
Every monthly issue brings you practical, easy-to-read advice on how to:
- Structure your European manufacturing or sales operation to minimize your tax burden.
- Prepare for the tax implications involved with Pan-European cash pooling.
- Avoid VAT pitfalls in cross-border services and contract manufacturing.
- Use "Multi-dip" structures and other devices which rely on cross-border tax asymmetries to generate tax savings.
- Take advantage of competition between EU member states to track down attractive tax regimes.
- Minimize transfer tax liability and expatriate taxes.
- Manage VAT recovery procedures to reduce cash flow drain.
- Evaluate impact of the Euro on tax reporting and accounting issues
Recent articles include:
Germany—Partnership Interest Income Allocation in Treaty Law-Divergence Between Case Law and Tax the Administration By Christian Brodersen and Tino Müller-Durriné (Baker & McKenzie)
Belgium—Belgian Taxation of Non-Resident Investment Companies Contrary to EU Law? By Patrick Smet and Christopher Thompson (Allen & Overy LLP)
Italy—Italy Introduces New Legislation on Transfer Pricing Documentation By Mario Martinelli (McDermott Will & Emery Studio Legale Associato)
UK—Issues for UK Resident Foreign Domiciliaries Claiming Foreign Capital Losses By Lynette Bober (Smith & Williamson Limited)
Russia—Key Directions for Russian Tax Policy for 2011 – 2013 By Rustam Nizametdinov and Alexey Kovshin (Ernst & Young)
France—French Supreme Court Issues Ruling on Commissionaire Structures and the Creation of French Permanent Establishments By Robert C. Pedersen, J. Scott Hendon, William F. Roth III, Don Jones, Byron D. Lambert, Christopher J. Galuppo, Holly L. Carmichael and Robin Park (BDO Seidman, LLP)
Spain—Saving Taxes and Protecting Investments: Investing in Latin America through a Spanish ETVE An interview with Carlos Durán (Uría Menéndez)