|Checkpoint's powerful search engine will allow you to quickly find the information that you need, increasing your efficiency and effectiveness. Each deskbook covers a step-by-step approach to completing the form and corresponding schedules, and based on the form discussed.
PPC's Federal Tax Compliance Library consists of:
- 9 PPC Deskbooks with links to RIA code and regs
- Practical guidance arranged by key issue
- Key issues that answer the tough reporting questions, discussed and illustrated using authoritative references, real life examples, and filled-in forms
- Work programs, checklists, worksheets, election statements, and other practice aids, based on the forms covered in a given deskbook
- More than 100 calculators arranged in the following categories: auto, business, credit card, investment, loan, mortgage, personal, retirement, savings, and tax
1040 Deskbook -- Gives customers the fast answers needed to make Form 1040 preparation accurate and profitable.
- Practical guidance in a key issue format that gives users quick answers to their questions
- Over 300 key issues that answer the tough reporting questions; discussed and illustrated using authoritative references, real life examples, and filled-in forms
- A unique practice aid that provides important information designed to save you time and money
1041 Deskbook -- Cuts through the complexity of Form 1041 preparation. It provides practical, step-by-step guidance for determining fiduciary accounting income, computing the distribution deduction, allocating capital gains and depreciation, reporting IRD, filing in the year of termination, and more.
1065 Deskbook -- Compliance driven and is the best guidance available for solving clients difficult partnership return questions.
- Covers partnership formation, basis allocations, distributions, accounting methods, tax elections and more!
- Details every facet of partnership tax reporting, including LLCs, LLPs, state filing summaries, allocations for contributions of appreciated property, and distributions of contributed property
- Includes sample elections, worksheets, checklists, depreciation tables and other practice aids
- Contains a Roadmap tab providing a quick and easy way to come up with ideas for planning and additional compliance projects simply by reviewing the client's Form 1065
1120 Deskbook -- Provides practical, expert guidance on the complex, confusing, and unresolved issues that occur when preparing the Form 1120. This Deskbook has hundreds of "key issues" discussing the rules for personal service corporations (PSCs), accounting methods and periods, related party rules, fringe benefits, T&E, inventory issues including UNICAP, consolidated returns, liquidations, and many more! These key issues are illustrated with examples, filled-in tax return forms, disclosure tips, and practice pointers. Also provides dozens of work programs, checklists, worksheets, election statements, and other practice aids. The unique Roadmap feature enables you to quickly identify tax planning/savings opportunities for each client by simply reviewing their completed Form 1120.
1120S Deskbook -- The most comprehensive book available for completing S corporation forms. It covers the latest developments regarding fringe benefits, stock and debt basis, eligible shareholders, built-in gains tax, tax on excess passive income, computing the AAA, pass-through items, distributions, and QSubs. Detailed explanations, illustrations, and filled-in forms show your client how to report income, deductions, and credits, as well as cash and property distributions. Practical worksheets, checklists, and election statements help your client save time and effort when filing or preparing S elections and returns, calculating basis, AAA, and PTI. The Deskbook also includes tax planning Roadmaps that show how to use information from Schedules K and K-1 and Forms 1120S and 2553 to provide planning tips to your clients.
5500 Deskbook -- Gives you the guidance needed to successfully navigate the Form 5500. It offers specific line-by-line guidance for the form and all 13 schedules, including tips on completing them correctly the first time—and insights on what the IRS and DOL are looking for. It also includes practical guidance on conducting annual compliance checkups to keep the practitioners clients' plans out of hot water.
706/709 Deskbook -- The book customers need for preparing or reviewing federal estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax returns. Detailed coverage of each schedule provides expert guidance on all interrelated transfer tax issues. This book also covers lifetime transfers and exclusions, gift-splitting, disclaimers, generation-skipping transfers, estate tax examinations, and more.
- Provides expert guidance on all interrelated transfer tax issues
- Focuses on hot topics such as the marital deduction, allocation of administration expenses, QTIPs, jointly owned property, valuation discounts, state death tax and divorce transfers
- Covers alimony and child support, gift splitting, disclaimers, generation-skipping transfers and exclusions, estate tax examinations, and more
990 Deskbook -- Gives customers everything they need to prepare tax returns for nonprofit organizations, including guidance on Forms 990-T, 990-PF, and 1023, new intermediate sanctions, and new rules for political organizations.
Payroll Tax Deskbook -- Provides protection against costly payroll compliance errors by furnishing the guidance needed to comply with all federal withholding, deposit, and reporting requirements. Includes extensive coverage of Forms W-2, W-4, W-5, 940, 941, 943, 945, 1040 (schedule H), 1099 series, and 8027. Also includes discussions on the worker classification and Section 530 relief and the payroll rules for U.S. residents working abroad and nonresident aliens working in the U.S.
PPC’s Tax Practice Aids™ in Word and Excel
Introducing the next generation of tax efficiency tools! Get all of the editable practice aids in PPC’s 1040, 1041, 1065, or 1120S Deskbooks (including engagement letters, checklists, worksheets, elections (with requirements explained), and other practice management resources delivered in convenient Microsoft Word and Excel templates--and save hours of preparation and review time!
- No need to retype practice aids into MS Word.
- Easy to edit and customize.
- Built-in functionality and features to reduce preparation and review time.
- Electronic format facilitates less-paper workflows making it easy to access client data.
- Easily link to PPC’s 1040 Deskbook for additional targeted expert guidance.
- MS Word and Excel platform eliminates learning curve and staff training costs.
- Pick and choose the templates you need or use them all--with or without the related PPC Deskbook. It’s up to you!
PPC Deskbooks Integrate with UltraTax CS – Directly from the Input Screens! Go directly from any data entry tab section on any input screen in UltraTax CS Form 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120 and 1120S software to the relevant key issues, illustrations and practice aids in PPC’s tax compliance Deskbooks – with the click of a button! Confidently resolve complex tax issues and easily verify the accuracy of a return with PPC Deskbooks and UltraTax CS. For information on UltraTax CS or to view a demo of the integration with PPC Deskbooks on Checkpoint,