The Federal Analytical Reporter Library with Citator, e-Form RS: Complete, and ECS consists of:
Federal Tax Coordinator 2d -- RIA’s renowned editorial analysis arranged topically. Written for practitioners by practitioners, RIA's Federal Tax Coordinator Library covers all the laws, regulations, IRS rulings and releases that apply to each tax problem. RIA’s expert editors bring you in-depth analysis of the law and back up their insights with citations to all controlling authorities.
- Thorough coverage of Income, Estate and Gift taxes, and comprehensive coverage of Excise, FICA FUTA and international taxes (U.S. based) -- organized by subject for easy access -- conveniently updated in place so there's no need to track down recent developments
- Broad and detailed reference tables provided with each chapter inclusive of all the possible ramifications or solutions to your problem
- Editor's commentary in the form of Recommendations, Illustrations, Cautions and Observations provide professional insights above and beyond the analysis of the law
- Extensive cites to the authorities to support the analysis
- Implementation guidelines with references to the forms, elections and statements needed, with locations of model language and completed sample forms
U.S. Tax Reporter -- provides a comprehensive and up-to-date source of federal tax law, regulations, committee reports, cases, rulings and explanations and features the following.
- CompareIt, the unique tax research tool that links you directly from a Federal provision to coverage of similar provisions in relevant states and vice versa (no more multiple searches!)
- Go-To button, which allows you to type in a Code section and link directly to other relevant USTR components for that Code section that are keyword searchable
- Comprehensive coverage of federal income, estate, gift and excise and international (U.S. based) taxes
- A Table of Contents, so you can search the entire USTR on Checkpoint just the way you do Code-based research; it links all the components together to find what you need fast
- Superior editorial Explanations from our on-staff experts that includes RIA commentary in the form of Observations, Examples, Cautions and Tax Tips providing real-world advice and professional insights that you cannot get anyplace else
- Extensive cross references & linking, providing ready access to xplanations, annotations, and source material related to your research
- New search templates, which allows you to search USTR components by keyword, retrieve USTR documents by citation, and more
- Up-to-date information is critical to your research. That’s why USTR updates its information “in place” -- meaning you don’t have to access a separate update page to make sure you’re looking at the latest data. (Our competitor can’t say that)
- 40% more annotations of cases and rulings, full-text reprints of cases, and headnotes than any other tax reporter
- Annotations - organized by both Code section and legal issue - cite RIA's American Federal Tax Reports and other widely used case reporters. Plus, getting the latest opinions is easy, as all updates are always in one place - no current development areas to track down
- Smart paragraph numbering system (based on code section numbers) tells you at a glance if the paragraph deals with the code section at hand. The researcher can tell the Code section from the paragraph number located in a hit list, the table of contents, or the topic index
- Additional IRS practice aids: Market Segment Understandings (MSUs), Market Segment Specialization Program Guide (MSSPs), Industry Specialization Papers (ISPs), IRS Phone Directory and AICPA Ethical Materials.
- Proven practice tools, sample client letters, checklists of tax-saving opportunities and other practice aids to help you better serve your clients while generating revenue
- The premier Federal Tax Weekly Alert newsletter and RIA Federal Tax Handbook for quick and direct answers to your day-to-day questions
- You'll also have access to the largest complement of federal and state forms and instructions (with links to IRS publications), and the most extensive carry-forward capabilities and calculation logic of any forms product
- IRS Revenue Rulings, Procedures, Notices, Announcements, Delegation orders, IR News and Service Center Announcements and more
- Private Letter Rulings & Technical Advice Memo (1954 - Current)
- IRS Publications
- Tax Tables, Rates & Calendars
Citator 2nd notes specific relationships between cases (i.e., if one case has overruled another). Citator is completely integrated and provides a quick and thorough cite check of all cases. Key case issues can be tracked across the entire breadth of the Citator’s case inventory. Check the strength or weakness of a case or ruling quickly and accurately with Citator 2nd.
- Complete judicial history of federal tax cases, rulings and Treasury decisions
- Accurate, up-to-date evaluations of how each case or ruling has stood up in the courts
- Full judicial history of each case below the case name for quick reference
- Evaluations, written in plain English, clearly identified by the key legal issue
- Imbedded Web-links from case name or citation to the pertinent Checkpoint reference
- Parallel cites within RIA’s case reporters as well as those of West and CCH
Elections & Compliance Statements also included provide complete documentation of over 500 elections and compliance statements.
- Explanatory material providing clear and concise information regarding the fundamental rules governing Elections and Compliance statements
- Cites to controlling points of authority and selected portions of analysis Fill-in and document assembly with specific taxpayer information
- Users can link directly from any "Statement to Use" within a RIA federal tax research product to the specific Election or Compliance statement, or from an Election or Compliance statement to text, cited Code, or regulation
e-Form® RS is a Web-based product which takes advantage of the latest Internet technology to provide you with significant added benefits. Remote server technology allows you to use the Internet to access the most current forms immediately, without waiting for CD-ROM updates or forms.