State & Local Tax Essential Create-a-Chart subscribers can quickly create and review tax comparison charts for every state and the District of Columbia. Delivered right to your desktop, a researcher can quickly review tax comparison charts relating to tax types such as corporate income, sales and use, personal income, property, and other miscellaneous taxes. Simply select a tax type, a chart type (e.g., state sales tax rates, due date of returns, federal bonus depreciation) and any number of states to compare it in.
Checkpoint displays the chart in an easy-to-read format which can easily be exported to a word or excel document. Charts are dynamically updated and are always in sync with current information and editorial explanations. And, Checkpoint displays caution flags for states in which additional information is presented.
- Corporate Income - Includes charts related to IRC conformity, computation of tax, and various compliance issues for Corporate Income Tax.
- Sales and Use - Includes charts covering rates, taxable and exempt items, transactions, and services.
- Personal income - Includes charts related to IRC conformity, computation, and various compliance issues for Personal Income Tax.
- Partnership - Includes charts related to annual returns, e-filing, estimated taxes, penalties, return/payment due dates.
- Property - Includes charts covering taxable and exempt property, abandoned property and various compliance issues for Property Tax.
- Cigarettes – Miscellaneous - Includes charts covering rates for cigarettes, tobacco and alcoholic beverages.
- Franchise - Includes charts covering rates, taxable and exempt entities and related compliance issues.
- Fuel Minerals - Includes charts covering rates for various types of fuels
- Estate & Gift - Includes charts related to the imposition of estate and gift taxes
- Initial Taxes - Includes charts covering initial fees for doing business and annual reports
- E- Filing - Comprehensive E-filing charts available for Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, and Personal Income Taxpayers
- The State and Local Tax Essential Create-A-Chart provides tax details for 2013 and 2012.