Awards & Reviews
Breaking News! Our Checkpoint World (www.checkpointworld.com) WON the CODiE13 for Best Service Using Aggregated Content! We're honored... siia.net/codies/2013.
The SIIA CODiE Awards
The SIIA CODiE Awards recognize excellence in the business software, digital content, and education technology industries.
- 2013 Winner in the category Best Service Using Aggregated Content
- Checkpoint World
- 2013 Finalist in the category Best Solution Integrating Content Into Workflow
- Thomson Reuters Checkpoint (mobile versions)
- 2013 Finalist in the category Best Business Information Solution
- Tax & Accounting eBooks (on Thomson Reuters ProView eReader App)
- 2012 Finalist in the Best Online News Service category - Thomson Reuters News & Insight
- 2009 Finalist in the Best Online Government Information Service and Best Solution Integrating Content into Workflow categories
- 2008 Finalist in the Best Online Government Information Service category
2013 Accounting Today's Top New Products
- Honorable Mention: Tax & Accounting eBooks on Thomson Reuters Proview (eBooks)
- Honorable Mention: Thomson Reuters Checkpoint smartphone version (Mobile Category)
Thomson Reuters Checkpoint Wins 2011 Tekne Award
Checkpoint is the recipient of the 2011 Tekne Award in the Technology,
Services and Consulting award category. The Tekne Awards honor companies and individuals who have played a significant
role in developing new technologies that positively impact the lives
and futures of people living around the world.
2012 CPA Practice Advisor Readers' Choice Awards -- Readers awarded Checkpoint the leader
among Tax & Accounting Research Systems.
Checkpoint received a 5 Star Rating in the CPA Practice Advisor’s annual review of tax and accounting research systems. This makes it 9 years (2004-2012) in a row.
Decision Tools was the Top New Product for 2012
by Accounting Today in the Research Tools category.
“When we need to find the right answer and find it quick, the updated version of Thomson Reuters’ Checkpoint research system makes the task substantially easier. With its contemporary, fresh new design, piloting through Checkpoint is a breeze.”
– Thomson Reuters’ Checkpoint Gets a Makeover - Plenty of Muscle to Go Along With Its Hot New Look! Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org CPATechViews.com, the blog for CPA Practice Advisor, June 22, 2011
- "Checkpoint is an excellent research service that integrates accounting & auditing, tax, and other content into a single offering that interfaces well with the software offerings from Thomson Reuters as well as Microsoft Office."
– The CPA Technology Advisor, 2010
- Checkpoint’s available resource collections are exhaustively comprehensive, but the program maintains a general ease of use.”
– The CPA Technology Advisor, January 2009
- “Whether looking for primary source materials on federal, state, local or international accounting and taxation, or searching for guidance and explanation of tax law, Checkpoint offers virtually everything.”
– From the January/March 2008 Review of Tax Research Systems, CPA Technology Advisor
See what customers are saying about the latest evolution of Checkpoint:
- "It was easy to research items from multiple books."
Dom V., Partner, Wilder & Co.
- "The enhancements are evolutionary, thus minimizing the learning curve. The ability to add notes to a document, and to flag a document, are what I like the most and should provide the most
value. Adding notes to a document will lessen the time researching when accessing that document again, and it should help you to document your research quickly while reading the document. Flagging a
document should be very handy to mark documents you'd like to read later, but don't have time to currently do so."
Terry F., Director of Corporate Taxes, Kimball International, Inc.
- "The enhanced (Checkpoint) site provides more intuitive and user-friendly navigation. The new icons, placement of tasks, and color-scheme add to the overall utilization."
Carol R., Compliance Officer, Group Associates, Inc.
- "The tweaks are not so dramatic as to require a refresher course. I found that spending a few minutes each time I accessed the site to check out the improvements was enough to get me up to speed."
Elaine K., Director of Information resources, Hiscock & Barclay, LLP
- "The new Checkpoint enhancements are wonderful. They are subtle changes that improve my ability to customize the way I read, find and store my documents, but the changes do not change the fundamental searching function that I have become used to."
Jennifer R., Attorney, Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott LLC
- "The enhancements made locating information easier because of the new layouts."
Lori-Beth S., Tax Accountant, Southworth-Milton, Inc.